Does Anyone Know the Story Behind This Photo

Exclusively reserved for discussion regarding David Lynch's 'Mulholland Dr.'
kmkmiller

Does Anyone Know the Story Behind This Photo

Postby kmkmiller » 14 May 2013

be great to know what people think. I'm clueless.

derekfnord

Re: Does Anyone Know the Story Behind This Photo

Postby derekfnord » 16 May 2013

I've always wondered about that one too. Intuitively, I guess I've always associated it with a "mourning for innocence lost" sort of vibe, if only because it seems to depict a young girl in black who's turning her face down, and because it appears in the audition scene that (in the minds of many) seems to reflect a memory of an "innocence lost" type event. But I don't actually know anything about the picture. It would be great if someone did...

blu

Postby blu » 22 May 2013

Someone cooked up a whacky theory based on that photo way back when on RT, but I don't think we ever found a source for it.

Siku

Postby Siku » 23 May 2013

Cheery picture isn't it.

Too small for a google image search unfortunately.

derekfnord

Postby derekfnord » 24 May 2013

I also have the damnedest recurring feeling that I've seen it before (outside of MD). But I'm not sure, and I can't place where or in what context it might have been... x|

Garmonbozia

Postby Garmonbozia » 13 Jun 2013

derekfnord wrote:I've always wondered about that one too. Intuitively, I guess I've always associated it with a "mourning for innocence lost" sort of vibe, if only because it seems to depict a young girl in black who's turning her face down, and because it appears in the audition scene that (in the minds of many) seems to reflect a memory of an "innocence lost" type event. But I don't actually know anything about the picture. It would be great if someone did...

This sounds pretty accurate to me, given the whole movie's plot and story-line. Mourning for just anything in general is a good idea. A lack of reality given to all the characters, a sense of not knowing what is safe or isn't, who to trust or not. The picture accurately feels like i did after i watched Mulholland Drive for the first time. I felt i lost of whatever i had before i watched it, now it is one of my favorite films.

Return to Mulholland Dr.