How popular are six shooters in American households?

Exclusively reserved for discussion regarding David Lynch's 'Mulholland Dr.'
Bob

How popular are six shooters in American households?

Postby Bob » 13 Apr 2013

I am referring to the gun Diane pulls from her drawer. It does have some kind of noire element to it. :hmm:

gun_md.jpg

kmkmiller

Re: How popular are six shooters in American households?

Postby kmkmiller » 13 Apr 2013

i don't know but i bet it was more difficult for Diane to get a drivers license.

derekfnord

Postby derekfnord » 13 Apr 2013

They're not all that popular; it -- like countless other things in the film -- is far more "retro"-looking than you'd typically expect to find in 2001. Definitely not unheard of, especially if we assume Diane would be most likely to acquire a gun via a pawn shop or the like, but certainly another anachronistic touch in a movie rife with them...

Siku

Postby Siku » 18 Apr 2013

Thanks for the info Derek, that's interesting. And it fits in with a lot of other anachronistic elements, you're right.

That's an excellent screen shot Bob! The blue box there looks exactly the same colour and proportions as the blue box from the dream. So much so that I think it is the same prop. I bet that Lynch couldn't resist getting it in there somewhere when he finally got to finish MD as a movie!

skytop

Postby skytop » 26 Apr 2013

derekfnord wrote:They're not all that popular; it -- like countless other things in the film -- is far more "retro"-looking than you'd typically expect to find in 2001. .

like those golf clubs and bag when the director comes and catches his wife cheating, those leather golf bags and persimmon woods haven't been used for decades.

Return to Mulholland Dr.