Welcome to Club Silencio! Introduce yourself here!

Exclusively reserved for discussion regarding David Lynch's 'Mulholland Dr.'
blu

Re: Welcome to Club Silencio! Introduce yourself here!

Postby blu » 01 Sep 2011

Welcome Felix! Enjoy your stay. :)

Rachel

Postby Rachel » 01 Sep 2011

Hello, I'm Rachel, I'm a huge fan of David Lynch, favorite director ever. My favorite film is Mulholland Drive, so I found this web a year ago.

blu

Postby blu » 01 Sep 2011

Hello Rachel. Welcome to the forums. I've not been on the site Twitter account recently, but I know I need to follow you again. Good to see you here.

:up:

Pegasus

Postby Pegasus » 06 Sep 2011

Hi...good to get back to the board again finally.
Too bad we lost the track with the RT thread.

Bob

Postby Bob » 07 Sep 2011

Hey Pegasus, nice to have you with us ...

Xav

Postby Xav » 13 Nov 2011

Hi all,

The first time I saw MD was when it first appeared in the theater in the Netherlands, in The Hague (Den Haag in proper Dutch). I even took with me an article from the newspaper with Lynch's 10 clues ... So you guessed it, I am a non-English speaking dude from the land of windmills and wooden shoes. My first time ever encountering a David Lynch creation was Wild at Heart; omg, This was too much violence according my notion at that moment in time, but years went by and now it just looks like some averaged movie in terms of violence. Anyway, in the years between then and now I grew into being a huge fan of Lynch films. My favorite is INLAND EMPIRE, that's where my avatar came from.

Compliments to the look and feel of this forum (and the whole website of course).

Well, this was my first post and I hope to meet 'you' soon somewhere on this board.

cheers,

Xav

blu

Postby blu » 13 Nov 2011

Welcome Xav, and thank you for the compliments. We have Bob to thank for that!

Erskine

Postby Erskine » 29 Feb 2012

OCD with ADHD, makes for good Lynch viewing. You may wonder how the ADHD part is beneficial. Well, my brain does well when it has a lot of variable and disparate stimuli, by itself it is not so useful to Lynch viewing, but throw in some serious OCD and what you get is a brain who likes puzzles, with the compulsion to solve them and with the intensity to match. Love the absurd.

Virginia

Re: Welcome to Club Silencio!

Postby Virginia » 28 Mar 2012

Hello everyone! :D
I'm new here! My name is Virginia, I am 18 and I am from Italy :)
What about me? I'm a shy, sensitive, reliable person who is fascinated by David Lynch's world and this is why I registered myself here.
I'm a girl with a big passion for photography, music, foreign languages, cats, the night sky and obviously Mulholland Drive! I really have an obsession for that film.
I saw also Inland Empire, Lost Highway and Eraserhead but I still have to see all the other films!
I can speak English, German and Spanish and I've studied also Latin and ancient Greek.
In 3 months I'm going to finish a classic-linguistic lyceum and in september I'm going to choose an university for interpreters and translators :)
Hugs!

kmkmiller

Postby kmkmiller » 17 Jul 2012

Yo, name's Kevin. Love David Lynch movies. Love TWIN PEAKS. Big fan of the TV Show LOST which I think tried to catch the same big idea fish that Lynch is always after. Even if LOST is sci-fi adventurism and Lynch is film noir surrealism.

Anywho, Allo! Talk to me. Same. Thanks for doing this site. Half the stuff I see in MD is cause people here and on the Rotten Tomatoes threads pointed it out.

blu

Postby blu » 17 Jul 2012

Welcome Kevin!

As to your question about whether it was ok to post your blog link in the other thread, that's absolutely fine. When I get some time I'll have a wander through your writings.

:up:

derekfnord

Postby derekfnord » 21 Aug 2012

Hi all, my name's Derek. I've been fascinated by MD since first seeing it on DVD about 2 years ago. Also a fan of Twin Peaks and Blue Velvet, but still working my way through other Lynch films.

I think MD is an amazingly deep and intricate piece of work, and I'm almost sorry it didn't make it as a TV series, if only so it could have been longer. I've been doing a lot of catch-up reading, trying to acquaint myself with what's been discussed before, but I'm sure I'll end up re-covering some well-trodden ground at some point, so I might as well just apologize for that in advance... ;)

blu

Postby blu » 21 Aug 2012

Welcome. Make yourself at home!

Don't worry about going over old ground. New ideas can take root via that process. :nod:

nohaybanda

Postby nohaybanda » 04 Sep 2012

Hi, everyone. I just feel a quick introduction of myself is in order here, as are commendations for how well this site and its forums are run. My name is Miranda, and I live in the state of North Carolina. I won't ramble on at this point as to how I first saw the film, etc, as I understand there is another thread devoted to that, in which I may later post. Admittedly, I don't have much of a history of posting on forums, so who knows how active I will be here, but I have very much enjoyed reading others' posts and theories so far.

KyleOrKyla

Postby KyleOrKyla » 04 Sep 2012

As one of the newly-non-lurking board members, greetings & welcome!

(Oddly, I was just reminded of Cheerwine yesterday -- a highlight of my past visits to North Carolina)
ArtGumshoe.com ~ a doodle comic which will eventually contain art gumshoes.

PreviousNext

Return to Mulholland Dr.