Welcome to Club Silencio! Introduce yourself here!

Exclusively reserved for discussion regarding David Lynch's 'Mulholland Dr.'
blu

Re: Welcome to Club Silencio! Introduce yourself here!

Postby blu » 20 Jan 2011

Welcome!

Did you actually watch it with her?

And please do post any alternative ideas you may have come up with. Old or new.

CarlottaValdes

Postby CarlottaValdes » 02 Feb 2011

Greeting ladies and gents! Carlotta here, long time film nerd but I've became a really big Lynch fan in the last year or so.
Looking forward to discussing this marvelous film with people who appreciate it as much as I do! :2up:
'I hate you. I hate us both. Oh and just kidding, I really only hate you. Myself I’m totally in love with.'

blu

Postby blu » 02 Feb 2011

Welcome welcome Carlotta.

ps. I dig your sig.

2GAT123

Re: Welcome to Club Silencio!

Postby 2GAT123 » 04 Feb 2011

danieltx wrote:Just joined the forum today. This site has been an invaluable resource in my study of Mulholland Drive and I anticipate that this forum will generate some great discussion on it.

I echo this post from page one. I am so glad this site has it's own forum since Rotten Tomatoes completely wrecked theirs.

Anyway, I have been a devotee of MD ever since my first viewing at Roger Ebert's Cinema Interruptus at the University of Colorado almost nine years ago. I had been a fan films like Memento, 12 Monkeys, Dark City, etc., but I never really recognized that many of these films were 'puzzle movies' (at least to a degree). Thanks to my studies of Mulholland Dr, I have seen many more such films, and they are among my favorites, with MD currently at the top of the list. Anyway, I had developed a pretty good working theory of this film in the months following my first viewing. Then I discovered this site probably 3-4 years ago and it pretty much blew my mind. All of the contributions (even those I disagree with) have given me so much more insight into what I was seeing, and I am always eager to discuss the film with fellow enthusiasts.

Thanks to those in charge for their work maintaining the site and the forums.

blu

Postby blu » 06 Feb 2011

Welcome welcome.

Always nice to hear a compliment and thanks for the site. :up:

Wolfstroy

Postby Wolfstroy » 06 Mar 2011

Hello!

My name is Luigi and I've been a fan of Mulholland Drive since the first time I watched it. I have seen the film three times in a movie theater and countless times at home. Every time I watch MD I find something new, new angles, connections, interpretations.

I'm an Italian citizen born in Brazil. I have been abroad for the last 8 years, first in the UK and now in Sweden, where I live with my wife and kids.

I've been a lurker around here for some time now. It's great to be part of these forums.
There's sometimes a buggy. How many drivers does a buggy have?

threnos

Postby threnos » 05 Apr 2011

My name is Erin. I'm a writer/artist and have been in love with David's work for a very, very long time. It all started when I was 11 and stumbled across episode 9 of "Twin Peaks" on TV. I live in a small Canadian town, not that far from Deep River, Ontario.

blu

Postby blu » 05 Apr 2011

Welcome aboard! :up:

Did you ever take a trip to Deep River?

threnos

Postby threnos » 05 Apr 2011

Thanks for the warm welcome! Yes I have actually been there! :) It's only 36 miles away. :)

blu

Postby blu » 06 Apr 2011

If you ever travel back there a couple of photos would be sweet.

Even just a "Welcome to Deep River, Ontario" sign would be pretty special. :up:

threnos

Postby threnos » 08 Apr 2011

The next time I'm there you got it! ;) Actually it was kind of odd recently because anytime I would watch a Naomi Watts film I'd get an unidentified call from Deep River!!!

Monzen

Postby Monzen » 11 Apr 2011

I came across filmsyncs Youtube posting "What is Club Silencio?" which I found quite creative and here I am.

I am usually not the kind of guy who joins communites, being your average aloof, arrogant, anti-social pain in your royal derriere, but what the heck I thought, nothing good can come from this anyway.

Just don't expect a lot of postings from me, I enjoy reading more that writing, listening more than talking, learning more that teaching, observing more that being observed. (I think it enhances your appreciation of David Lynch's productions if you're a bit of a voyeur ...)

David Lynch became part of my life in 1986 with the release of Blue Velvet but I must admit that my weak spot is Lost Highway, with the soundtrack, the sex and all the what-have-you.

Well, that all for now folks. I intend to go and enjoy myself on these pages for a while ...

threnos

Postby threnos » 11 Apr 2011

Hi Monzen!

Welcome. I'm usually a lurker myself. Marsupalami! I have a doll of him around somewhere!

blu

Postby blu » 13 Apr 2011

Welcome indeed Monzen. Happy reading. Hope it's not the last we hear from you. :nod:

agitprop

Postby agitprop » 17 Apr 2011

Hello! I'm looking forward to some enlightening discussion on the topic of Mulholland Drive and the rest of Lynch's œuvre. I've been a fan since I saw Eraserhead in college back in the 80's.

PreviousNext

Return to Mulholland Dr.